The amazing life-size snow castles at Teton Village! (hat, sunglasses, sweater, boots)
Oh Jackson Hole, you were amazing! Let me first start by saying that I am not a skier. My husband and the majority of our friends are all skiers, but it’s not for me. But that’s not to say that I don’t like the ski scene, namely apres ski, ha! This past month we took a long weekend trip with a group of close friends and it was pure winter wonderland magic. Today I am sharing with you my top 5 tips for experiencing Jackson Hole from start to finish.
TOP 5 MUST SEE/DO/EAT IN JACKSON HOLE:
- Elk Refuge Sleigh Ride: Before our friends arrived, B and I bought tickets from the Visitor’s Center in town and hopped on a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge. This for me was such an incredible experience. Every few minutes I had to remind myself of the magnitude of the beauty and landscape in front of me and that these were in fact wild elk, not just a tour at a local zoo. It was cold ! but absolutely beautiful. What an experience. I would highly recommend this!
- Snake River Grill: Friday night we had a beautiful dinner at Snake River Grill. A friend of mine had recommended it and it did not disappoint! Since at this point it was just the two of us, we had a great table by the fireplace and the food was just as good as the ambiance.
- Snowmobiling to Natural Hot Springs: We did this as a group on our last full day of the trip and I couldn’t think of a better way to top off our weekend. This was without a doubt a huge highlight for the whole group. We were picked up by an amazing tour guide, provided with any additional cold weather gear and helmets and had the most amazing, scenic drive to the snowmobile starting point. From there, we hopped on the snowmobiles and drove through the beautiful mountains, stopping to take in the sights and even climbed along a waterfall. Next up, the natural hot spring! We all wore our bathing suits under our snowsuits and hopped in the 110 degree natural hot spring, it was incredible! We got to relax and hang for over an hour before changing up and heading back. This was an unforgettable stop and so worth the early wake-up call!
- Spa Day: I was so happy to hear that one of my girlfriends on the trip also wouldn’t be skiing! We did lots of research and found the perfect spa to spend the day while the rest of the group was skiing. Once we arrived at Teton Village and headed straight for Chill Spa while the rest of the group hit the slopes. We each had a treatment and topped off our day with a glass of champagne sitting in the rooftop hot tub overlooking the mountains.
- Drinks at the Summit of Jackson Hole: One reason I would ever even consider skiing is to see the view from the top (and then realizing I’d have to actually ski down…) The amazing part about Jackson Hole is that us non-skiers were able to buy a day pass to ride the gondola with the rest of our group up to the summit. Once we were there, we grabbed drinks for apres ski and took in the incredible views. It was seriously breathtaking.
Have you been to Jackson Hole? Anything we missed? I’d love to know in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Jaimie is an East Coast Lifestyle Blogger.